HEAD OF SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE
Paul is a Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH), Recognised Safety Professional of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM-RSP) and Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA).
With over 20 years’ experience in the construction industry and over 15 years in the Asbestos industry, Paul’s extensive experience includes, but is not limited to, Refurbishment, Demolition, Civil Engineering and Renewable Energy.
As Head of Safety and Compliance, Paul’s primary focus is on delivering the health and safety strategy for the business and building strong relationships, both internally and externally, to ensure continuous improvement.
- Managing the Compliance Department and Health and Safety team to ensure compliance with legislation and industry best practice
- Ensuring all ISO and associated accreditations are achieved
- Supporting the Managing Director as external representative before any legislative, enforcing, regulatory or other relevant bodies
- Development of the company’s Health and Safety strategy and objectives across all operational teams, including establishing, monitoring and improving measures and targets
- Undertaking site safety audits, ensuring legal compliance and industry best practice are adhered to at all times
Qualifications & Training
- IOSH Level 4 in Occupational Health and Safety at Work
- ISO Internal Standards Lead Auditor
- NEBOSH Level 3 Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- Tripod Beta Incident Investigation
- BOHS P405 – Management of Asbestos in Buildings
- Train the Trainer
- Scaffolding Inspector
Skills and Training
Woods recognises the value and importance of providing opportunities to staff, to develop their job-related knowledge and skills and expects that with development and training individual effectiveness and motivation will increase.
All staff are continuously assessed through audit and competency assessment carried out by our Compliance Team, Managers and Site Supervisors. This information is gathered to enable us to produce a relevant training needs analysis (TNA) programme delivered using our state of the art training facility to ensure that all individuals' needs are met.