Together with David Petri, Tara acquired the business in 2003 and undertakes the role of Finance Director. Tara has accumulated over 20 years’ of accounting experience within the asbestos industry.
Tara has built up an excellent reputation with both clients and colleagues due to her leadership, expertise, and attention to detail.
In addition to having overall control of the Woods finance function she regularly attends contract review meetings and provides financial advice across all contracts and major projects to ensure that value added initiatives are reviewed and implemented.
- Responsible for the development of the financial management strategy and contributes to the development of the organisations strategic goals
- Overall control of the company’s accounting function, financial planning and related ongoing advice for the Senior Leadership Team
- Ensures that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met regarding all the company’s financial affairs
- Ensures business objectives as well as the values of Woods are put into practice
- Plan, direct and manage the performance of all internal operations, so as to maintain and develop business growth in accordance with the overall strategy
Qualifications & Training
- Chartered Association of Certified Accountants - Fellow
- Association of Accounting Technicians - Fellow
Skills and Training
Woods recognises the value and importance of providing opportunities to staff, to develop their job-related knowledge and skills and expects that with development and training individual effectiveness and motivation will increase.
All staff are continuously assessed through audit and competency assessment carried out by our Compliance Team, Managers and Site Supervisors. This information is gathered to enable us to produce a relevant training needs analysis (TNA) programme delivered using our state of the art training facility to ensure that all individuals' needs are met.