David acquired Woods in 2003 and as Managing Director has successfully led the business to become a well-established market leader in asbestos remediation operating nationally from five offices and employing in excess of 130 highly experienced and fully trained site staff.
David’s primary focus is to ensure that the business continues to provide its clients with a consistently high level of service whilst ensuring that the business maintains its excellent standards in Health and Safety.
As an active Managing Director, with more than 29 years experience, David remains involved in numerous contracts, attending meetings as required and sharing his extensive experience and knowledge of the industry to the company’s ever growing diverse range of clients across all market sectors.
- To lead and inspire Health and Safety
- To continue to make the business profitable
- To encourage innovation, challenge existing processes and work with other Directors and Senior Management to maintain a “best in class” approach
Qualifications & Training
- HNC Business and Finance
- HNC Building
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Licensed Contracts Manager
- Risk Assessments
- H&S Management for Senior Managers and Directors Course
- Customer Care Training
- Equality & Diversity HR Latest Regulations
- Behavioural Safety Workshop
- Working at Height
- ARCA Risk Assessments and Plans of Work Certificate
Skills and Training
Woods recognises the value and importance of providing opportunities to staff, to develop their job-related knowledge and skills and expects that with development and training individual effectiveness and motivation will increase.
All staff are continuously assessed through audit and competency assessment carried out by our Compliance Team, Managers and Site Supervisors. This information is gathered to enable us to produce a relevant training needs analysis (TNA) programme delivered using our state of the art training facility to ensure that all individuals' needs are met.