Debs is an experienced Bid Manager with over 13 years’ experience in the construction and asbestos environment.
Working for a UKAS accredited asbestos consultancy in the position of Business Development Manager for almost eight years has provided Debs with sound knowledge and valuable experience of the industry.
This was preceded by several years in a similar role with a building engineering and architectural consultancy that introduced her to the complexity of the built environment.
- Overseeing the preparation of PQQs and ITTs and ensuring all requirements are fully compliant and met within stipulated timescales
- Writing quality responses based on PQQ and ITT instructions, referring back to Directors for final approval, leading to increased success in winning contracts
- Project managing the completion of individual tender proposals when appropriate to create a coherent and well-structured final tender.
- Managing and allocating bid preparation and business development tasks with the support of the Bid Coordinator and Business Development Officer
- Providing guidance and support to company-wide business development/marketing initiatives and activities
Qualifications & Training
- BA Degree in English and Linguistics
- Higher Diploma in Librarianship
- Technical Communications Certificate
Skills and Training
Woods recognises the value and importance of providing opportunities to staff, to develop their job-related knowledge and skills and expects that with development and training individual effectiveness and motivation will increase.
All staff are continuously assessed through audit and competency assessment carried out by our Compliance Team, Managers and Site Supervisors. This information is gathered to enable us to produce a relevant training needs analysis (TNA) programme delivered using our state of the art training facility to ensure that all individuals' needs are met.