Felmores Estate, Basildon
Woods were appointed as the sole provider to undertake asbestos removal services to the entire Felmores Estate (c450 properties) as part of a £6.3m regeneration project.
Specific working methods we adopt on this framework:
- Access “password” scheme to safeguard residents
- Tenant consultation packs
- ID cards
- Safety checks by in house and external auditors
- DBS cleared site staff
- All our operatives undergo additional training programmes that include “domestic” care and “customer” care to ensure they apply a high degree of attention when working in domestic properties at all times
- Emergency contact numbers
- Localised waste facility
Typical works include:
- External cladding
- Bin sheds
- Communal walkways
- Further works included improving the external wall insulation, fire improvement works, re-cladding and relocation of bin stores
Wates Living Space c/o Basildon Council
Skills and Training
Woods recognises the value and importance of providing opportunities to staff, to develop their job-related knowledge and skills and expects that with development and training individual effectiveness and motivation will increase.
All staff are continuously assessed through audit and competency assessment carried out by our Compliance Team, Managers and Site Supervisors. This information is gathered to enable us to produce a relevant training needs analysis (TNA) programme delivered using our state of the art training facility to ensure that all individuals' needs are met.