SAFETY, HEALTH & ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGER
Robert is an experienced Safety, Health & Environmental Manager with over 16 years’ of experience working predominately within construction, manufacturing, retail and rail infrastructure.
Robert is a qualified IOSH graduate and has obtained a NEBOSH diploma.
Robert undertakes the Safety, Health & Environmental practices for the business and reports directly to the Head of Compliance.
- Undertaking site safety audits, ensuring legal compliance and industry best practices are adhered to at all times
- Developing and updating company safety policies and procedures
- Leading the development of project specific Health & Safety plans
- Assisting the Contract Management team with the preparation of complex method statements and risk evaluations
- Managing the delivery of regular toolbox talks to ensure consistency of standards and regular updates on the adoption of best practice
- Facilitating internal and external training
Qualifications & Training
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- CDM Awareness
- Risk Assessment
- IOSH Graduate Member
- Bureau Veritas Quality Auditor
- Lucas Card (London Underground)
- Personal Track Safety (Network Rail)
- CSCS Test (Professionally Qualified Person)
- IEMA Environmental Awareness
- CIEH Trainer Certificate
- JOMC Behavioural Safety Trainer
- Equality and Diversity Trainer
- COSHH Trainer
- PUWER/LOLER Trainer
- Asbestos Awareness Trainer
Skills and Training
Woods recognises the value and importance of providing opportunities to staff, to develop their job-related knowledge and skills and expects that with development and training individual effectiveness and motivation will increase.
All staff are continuously assessed through audit and competency assessment carried out by our Compliance Team, Managers and Site Supervisors. This information is gathered to enable us to produce a relevant training needs analysis (TNA) programme delivered using our state of the art training facility to ensure that all individuals' needs are met.