Opened in 1907, Camden Town is a London Underground station on the Northern Line. It is a major junction for the line, as this is where the Edgware and High Barnet branches merge from the north, and this is also where they split to the south into Bank and Charing Cross branches for the journey through Central London.
As a TfL framework contractor AA Woods were engaged to remove and dispose of asbestos cable wrap, durasteel panels and AIB boarding from the disused deep level shelter located beneath the station.
Access into the central core was created by refurbishing the redundant lift operated by asbestos trained lift engineers inside the asbestos enclosure.
In addition we removed the lead paint from the central core and staircase, dismantled the double helix spiral staircase, installed a new staircase and using specialist paint, re-painted the entire area / shaft on completion.
Transport for London
Lead Paint Removal / Decontamination